Open Computer Lab
Wayne Community College's Open Computer Lab is open to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of the college. It is located in the Magnolia Building, Room 215.
Please visit the college hours of operation page for the current Open Computer Lab hours.
The open computer lab currently has 50 networked computers with 2 laser printers One computer has a color scanner/printer.
The operating systems used in the open computer lab is Microsoft Windows XP and Window 7. Please check with the lab assistant on duty to find your particular program. Here are some examples of the types of software that we have in the lab.
- Office 2010
- Office 2007
- Adobe Suite
- Peach Tree Accounting
- Sam 2010
- Snap 2010
- Advancing Vocabulary
- Improving Vocabulary
- Cisco Packet Tracer
- Medical Office Simulation Software
- Nursing Programs
- Red Hat Linux
- Express Scribe
- Virtual Windows 7
- Virtual Windows XP
- My Math Lab
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- No children or visitors are allowed in the computer lab. (Reference CPM 06-0613 & Student Handbook- Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Judicial Procedures; Article VIII; Children on campus.)
- A valid Wayne Community College ID is required.
- The Lab is a quiet area.
- No food or drink is allowed in the computer lab.
- The use of cell phone calls is not allowed in the lab.
- Students are required to sign in upon entering the lab and to sign out upon leaving.
- The lab monitors can assist with hardware and software issues only. Tutoring Assistance is available from the Academic Skills Lab located on the 3rd floor of the Wayne Learning Center (WLC).
- All students, faculty, and staff who use WCC's technology resources must comply with WCC's Technology Acceptable Use Policy (TAUP).