Facilities Master Plan & Maintenance Update: Ken Ritt reported that the existing 1995-2005 WCC Facilities Master Plan is current and being implemented with only minor exceptions. During the Feb 11th & 12th, 2005, Board Retreat, Dr. Wilson and Ken Ritt will solicit input from the board on the next 10-year plan. Ken also reported that the College Facilities Maintenance Plan is also current.
Phasing Construction Moves
- Ken Ritt provided an update on the construction of the Continuing Education Building, which should be completed in September 2005. He also provided the Council members with a flow plan of the new Technology Center building plan, Dogwood and WLC renovations and their impact on employees and students and registration.
- Ken pointed out the importance of faculty and staff being involved in their respective moves and are aware of their responsibilities associated with the move. (i.e. packing supplies, etc., in advance; possibly hire packers.)
- Ken also suggested that people must understand what office furniture will be moved and what will not be moved. For example, similar desks, chairs, file cabinets and computers may remain in the vacated office.
- Dogwood/WLC renovations will begin October 2005. Some folks affected by the move may be inconvenienced while some construction is being done in the vicinity of their offices. Ken will need to find a suitable testing room for placement testing in the WLC building.
- The Human Services, BLET and EMS programs will move to the Pine Building in November 2005.
- Construction on the Technology Center will begin in June 2005 through July 2006.
- Academic Skills Center : Has not been finalized but will be on next Administrative Council agenda.
September 22, 2003 - Administrative Council Planning Retreat Minutes
Among the Strategic Areas of Emphasis for 2003-2006 was the following:
Prepare for SACS (2006)
- Program Course Competencies (Kay A)
- Check CPM (Dr. Wilson)
- Staff Development (Dr. Wilson & Bill T)
- Service Review (Dr. Wilson & Bill T)
- Facilities Masterplan & Maintenance Update (Ken)
- SACS Data Needs/System Retrieval (Dan)
Ken Ritt then began a discussion on the upcoming construction projects. The council discussed the renovation of Pine Building
After much discussion some of the following topics were addressed:
- The possibility of housing the Academic Skills Center to the current location of the Literacy Center in the Pine Building . This will be discussed further at the next Admin Council meeting.
- The possibility of SGA moving temporarily over to Hocutt Lounge & Hocutt Rooms 150 & 151. This will be discussed further at the next Admin Council meeting.